The FirstPlay® program combines simple storytelling together with playful infant massage techniques. In FirstPlay® sessions I will teach you the Baby Tree Hug Massage© story, a playful touch-based story which is included in your FirstPlay® Parent Handbook.
FirstPlay Infant Massage Storytelling®
- Strengthening the parent-child attachment and bonding
- Teaching infants the sensations of relaxation
- Creating a fun time each day of intimacy between parent and child
- Helping to create deeper and more sound sleep
- Gaining a sense of internal self-regulation and their own ability to calm as they grow
- Increasing oxygen and nutrient flow to the cells
- Teaching your baby about caring positive touch, respect and personal boundaries
- Helps with digestion and bowel elimination
- Increases the joy within the relationship
- Caring touch releases the calming and connectivity hormone oxytocin, while at the same time lowering the stress hormone cortisol
- The use of storytelling can boost early literacy potential
- Wires the brain for healthy interpersonal relationships
Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP)®
iLs has a global effect on the brain and central nervous system. iLs helps improve body/brain organization and function in people of all ages! The iLs method is based on science … the brain changes in response to stimulation. And this happens throughout out entire lifespan! Isn’t that awesome?!
Although results and effects vary by person, research has demonstrated significant improvement in the following areas, after the SSP:
· Hearing sensitivity
· Spontaneous speech
· Listening and following instructions
· Behavioral organization
· Emotional control
· Regulation of heart rate by the vagus nerve
· Spontaneous social behaviors such as sharing and showing affection
Clinical experience also demonstrates improvement in learning, responses to other therapies, sleep patterns and in digestive disorders, as well as in anxiety and response to emotional stressors. It enhances or accelerates other therapies. Pain sensitivity can also be reduced.
The Safe and Sound Protocol (SSP) is based on Dr. Porges’s Polyvagal Theory. Music is processed or filtered specifically to re-tune the nervous system. It is a non-invasive intervention that takes only only 60 minutes for 5 consecutive days.
I am trained to administer the SSP Listening therapy through Integrated Listening Systems.
I also rent out my and my SSP device and provide long distance support in many cases.
teletherapy & Video consultations
I provide counseling for adults as well as parent and vocational consultations via HIPAA compliant video appointments. It's a simple and stress-free way to connect from the comfort of your home or office. Clients must reside in Texas.
Please contact me to learn more about the services I offer.